sábado, 19 de noviembre de 2011

    The new twilight soundtrack is so great! I'm so glad one of my favorite bands, Sleeping at Last, is on the album.
     I've had a wonderful week. To begin with, Thursday I slept in til around 12, went to class at 2, had coffee with Erin at 4, then found $10 Joe Brand jeans and took them to a get a $10 altering. That night there was a concert called Alla Italiana, with a guest conductor from Milan. He was precious. He thanked Berry for having him and said he's now friends with Dr. Garrido and "Georgo"- one of our senior percussionists. He apologized for his poor English-speaking, but I loved his accent! I would've loved to meet him. 
      I should probably stop being surprised by the good and fun things in life, but I'm constantly overjoyed by the depth and number of my friends. Thank you Lord for blessing me! Thanks for giving me people who encourage and understand me. Thanks for reasurring me by giving me guy friends and girl friends, I'm not used to that. Thanks for reminding me that I'm attractive, even if it is in a pesky way. Thank you for giving me patience and contentment.


Psalm 84

For the choir director: A psalm of the descendants of Korah, to be accompanied by a stringed instrument.[a]
 1 How lovely is your dwelling place,
      O Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
 2 I long, yes, I faint with longing
      to enter the courts of the Lord.
   With my whole being, body and soul,
      I will shout joyfully to the living God.
 3 Even the sparrow finds a home,
      and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young
   at a place near your altar,
      O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, my King and my God!
 4 What joy for those who can live in your house,
      always singing your praises.
                         Interlude
 5 What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord,
      who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
 6 When they walk through the Valley of Weeping,[b]
      it will become a place of refreshing springs.
      The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings.
 7 They will continue to grow stronger,
      and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem.[c]
 8 O Lord God of Heaven’s Armies, hear my prayer.
      Listen, O God of Jacob.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario