domingo, 11 de septiembre de 2011

                So, since my last blog, a lot has happened, surprisingly. I learned that I probably have TMJ, a common jaw problem for singers, that can progress to being very painful. So I can't really sing right now. Which is a problem since I'm a vocal performance major. Also, yesterday my bike lock would not come unlocked. So my bike is stuck at the Krannert center (where everything important happens) and I am now walking ev.er.y.where. Which is a problem because I'm a music major and 4/7 of my classes are a mile away from my dorm. Also, I have a rash all over my face. I have no idea how I contracted it, but thankfully it's nothing itchy or super noticeable. However, I'd love for it to go away. So tomorrow I have 5 classes and a doctor's appt to figure that out. And I've called the bike shop and the orthodontist. Woohoo. I'm obviously a little preoccupied with non-school issues right now. So it's difficult to put my thoughts together and feel calm. I've already run out of quarters for the washing machine...We need a bookshelf desperately and a chair since my bed is now lofted.
              But enough complaining. The cool thing is that God's been teaching about being "in the world but not of it" lately. There are a lot of people here, unlike at PCA, that have different beliefs than I do and it has been tough trying to relate to them. I've learned that I need to be continually asking God to soften my heart to people I see sinning outwardly, especially if they're not Christians. I need to see them as equal to me, because I sin too, and just because mine isn't outwardly offensive it's still wrong in God's eyes. So if you would, pray that I be loving to all types of people and speak truth when necessary.

I'm off to zumba :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario